The science & innovation focus area pursues the development of high tech, high wage jobs for the region. It supports efforts in research, tech transfer, funding through Science Foundation Arizona and Fund of Funds and emerging technology like Solar, and leads regional efforts in bioscience.
- Build Southern Arizona’s research strengths around bioscience technology.
- Nurture all sources of revenue, including venture capital, to build a critical mass of bioscience companies in Southern Arizona.
- Build a talent base, through education and workforce development, that captures and retains Southern Arizona’s human resources.
- Develop and maintain a business climate supportive of the biosciences and their growth in Southern Arizona.
- Educate, inform, and spur to action opinion leaders and the general public on Southern Arizona’s future.
- Develop the regional infrastructure to allow and support anticipated growth.